Friday, June 3, 2011

Lovey's Market and Café

Lovey's Market and Café
1319 Military Cutoff 
Wilmington, NC


We were looking for breakfast. Simple breakfast. Eggs, an omelette would have been nice. Maybe potatoes. Definitely onions. Maybe a slice of tomato. 


Although a good veggie breakfast turned out not to be an option at 2 pm on Sunday while it is seriously 90 degrees outside, Lovey's Market was there with a huge hot bar/salad bar and a huge board of made-to-order items. 






And I got maybe the best bean burrito ever. With sour cream, cheese, guacamole, onions, and gosh, I have no idea what else, the whole thing was perfect. And when the last bite was falling apart I ate that too because it was just too good to give up. And it was organic. Do you see that salsa? It was perfect. 


Plus, they have cute funky things in the market part that I was not familiar with like these right next to goodies that I love, like these. Yum. Ok, maybe not in the same isle, but the same store?! Then...then...oh my gosh. I found insanity


And then they had a hot bar with so many different options! We couldn't decide, so we all piled food high so we could try it. The beautiful options were interesting and new. Cucumber salad, for instance, with sour cream, red onions, and dill was unlike anything I had ever tried before! It was crispy and oniony and fresh. 










No comments:

Post a Comment