Saturday, June 18, 2011

my trip to maine

I am going to Kennebunkport for a few days, hopefully trying new food while I'm there. My boss has told me that I must try a Maine lobster, but due to an extreme aversion to seafood (meaning I won't even eat something that might have touched fish, and seaweed?) it's a no go. Eek. Gross. 

But coffee? I would love to go to Portland and try some coffee. And there is a coffeeshop in Wells (four miles south of Kennebunk) is super animal friendly. And I can't wait to get some chocolate and bread. And I've heard a lot about this locally brewed beer. They have beautiful bottles (sadly, that's all I know) and I've read that their beer is tasty, too. Oh yeah, it's barrel aged. 


I'm sure eating will be part of the plan; it would be a horrible trip if it wasn't. Gosh, that would suck.

So far the plan has been: get up at four am to pack again, put some (amazing) tomato sauce int he freezer, download ridiculous amounts of music from iTunes, pack books to give to Mom, and make some tea. Oh, and run around the house unable to find the shirt I was supposed to wear (but I have the earrings!). 

So to everyone that reads (which I am pretty sure are mainly my mom and Patty), farewell, and hopefully I will post while I am tripping. 

Oh, so right now I am sitting at my computer drinking my tea with my lamp on behind my screen. I don't have a shade on my lamp, it's just a bare bulb. There is also (look away if you get super grossed out) a fly flying into it constantly. 

There is a sound of the fly burning every time he hits it. What the hell? Why does the fly choose to do this? Then he sits up on the wall probably looking at the light, and after a few minutes, dives right back into the same old situation he was in before, smacking into the bulb. 

I read recently that we are really harming the moth population when we leave outside lights on constantly because the moths hang around them all night, never searching for food. It's a small, meaningless idea: turn outside lights off at night. Why are they on in the first place? Safety? I would worry about what would happen if moths went away. I think that my house is just as safe with the light off than it is with it on. Any thoughts? 








No comments:

Post a Comment