Wednesday, June 1, 2011

that growing garden

I don't know how plants can grow so fast. It's kind of amazing. 


Only part of the huge garden. 
Sunflowers and beans are bigger than I ever thought they would get in just a few days. They have probably shot up a foot in one week!
Here is the great drip irrigation that we put in this weekend. Isn't it beautiful? 
The radishes only took about 25 days to reach maturity. We have started to really thin them out but they keep popping up! 
We have added two trellis strings in the past two weeks and we really should have added another one today. The plants responded so well to the fish nasty. We also got a bunch of itty bitty tomatoes already!
The basil is just fantastic. I really need a food processor!
The peppers have baby fruits, too! They just popped up in a day or two. I swear I JUST looked at them on Monday. 
There are about five new flowers a day, but they always are killed by evil beetles. 
Both the direct seeded cucumbers and the transplants look great!  
The nasturtiums need to grow up so we can deter the cucumber beetles!
The onions are looking good!  
So are the chives. 




1 comment:

  1. Libby! The garden is looking amazing! Are you going to sell any of it? Let me know and I will totally buy some from you! <3

    ReplyDelete